The Forum continued with parallel sessions and panels in all water, renewable energy, urban issues, and NCDs as follows:
- Roundtable/breakout/matchmaking sessions on issues/projects
- Roundtable on innovation, start-ups, commercialization and funding issues (with Chamber of Commerce, VC Association, Knowledge-based companies’ association, etc., and counterparts in other countries)
- Round-table/panels addressing the strategic issues surrounding collaboration, and to work out point initiatives to facilitate, enable and support concrete bi-regional collaboration in research and collaboration addressing key issues of sustainable development
Holding the NCD panel in two domains of population-level interventions as well as personalized medicine and e-health have been granted to NCDRC. Proposal and CVs have been gathered electronically in advanced by NCDRC Digit tool, evaluated by a judicial committee from NIMAD, and have been presented in the web app of the MEEF meeting powered by NCDRC.
During the forum, on behalf of NCDRC, Dr. Farshad Farzadfar, chair, Dr. Shohre Naderi Magham, Project manager, Dr. Farnam Mohebi and Dr. Bahram Mohajer, research associates, Mr. Hossein Zokaie, head of IT department, Dr. Mohammad Javad Hajipour, researcher and Dr. Kourosh Shahpasand,Independent researcher and assistant professor of Royan institute have been participated.
In total, several projects have een presented on behalf of NCDRC team:
- Design and introduction of agent based model of Integrative Care of Diseases (ICOD), oral presentation in personalized medicine/e-health panel by Dr. Farzadfar
- Assessment of the efficacy of individualized alarming particulate matter 2.5 wearable device on exacerbations of COPD patients, oral presentation in personalized medicine/e-health panel by Dr. Naderi-Magham
- Clinical trial phase I & II study employing pT231-tau human monoclonal antibody for those patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease, oral presentation in personalized medicine/e-health panel by Dr. Shahpasand
- Development of Predictive Pre-Clinical A“Organoid ModelA” for Colon Cancer with A“Q Synthetic Extracellular MatricesA” , oral presentation in personalized medicine/e-health panel by Dr. Hajipour
- Telematics system, A novel approach to road traffic injuries in Iran, poster presentation in personalized medicine/e-health panel
- Digital Transformation in Health Insurance, poster presentation in personalized medicine/e-health panel
Bringing together decision makers, strategists, research foundations, universities, researchers and practitioners, the Forum aims to represent a unique occasion to consider and discussthe opportunity for overcoming the barrier and realizing mutual benefits from collaboration in aspects of research, innovation and education of high shared importance. It is worth noting that the Forum has been organized by the Consortium of Five Iranian Top Universities (University of Tehran, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran University of Medical Science, Sharif University of Technology and Amirkabir University of Technology) in association with UT Kish International Campus and support of Kish Free Trade Zone and Office of Vice Presidency for Science and Technology.