MD, MPH, D.Sc
Chair of Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center
Farshad Farzadfar (MD, MPH, D.Sc.), has got his Medical Doctorate degree from Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Then he started studying Master of Public Health in the same university. Being awarded the opportunity of studying at Harvard school of Public Health, he graduated in Master of Health Sciences and Doctor of Sciences in 2011. Coming back to Iran, he participated in different research projects and in 2012 he established Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center of Endocrinology and Metabolism research Institute, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (NCDRC). His main interests are in health metrics, burden of diseases, and health policy. Now he attempts to design and implement population level interventions in order to decrease the NCDs among society.
List of publications
1. Global, Regional, and National Cancer Incidence, Mortality, Years of Life Lost, Years Lived With Disability, and Disability-Adjusted Life-years for 32 Cancer Groups, 1990 to 2015: A Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study JAMA Oncology . 2017 . 3(4) . 524-548 . doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2016.5688.
2. Smoking prevalence and attributable disease burden in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 The Lancet . 2017 . doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(17)30819-X. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Child and Adolescent Health From 1990 to 2015 Findings From the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors 2015 Study jamapediatrics . 2017 . doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2017.0250. [Epub ahead of print]
4. Worldwide trends in blood pressure from 1975 to 2015: a pooled analysis of 1479 population-based measurement studies with 19·1 million participants The Lancet . 2017 . 389(10064) . 37-55 . doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31919-5
5. Estimation of burden of ischemic heart diseases in Isfahan, Iran, 2014: using incompleteness and misclassification adjustment models Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders . 2017 . 16(123) . 1-11 . doi: 10.1186/s40200-017-0294-6
6. Measuring Iran's success in achieving Millennium Development Goal 4: a systematic analysis of under-5 mortality at national and subnational levels from 1990 to 2015 Lancet Global Health . 2017 . 5(5) . e537-e544. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(17)30105-5
1. The Family Physician Performance Monitoring (ISBN 964-7657-92-7)
2. The Health System Managers’ Performance Monitoring (ISBN 964-7657-98-6)
3. The Tools and Techniques for health system reform
4. The Utilization of health Services in I.R.IRAN (ISBN964-6711-27-8)
5. The Refferal system and Family Physician guidelines (ISBN964-7657-88-9)
1. The Design and evaluation of maternal mortality programs (by Deborah Maine, Murat Z. Akalin, Victoria M. Ward, Angela Kamara) ISBN 964-93019-2-5. Published by UNFPA with collaboration of Ministry of health.
2. Design and implementation of health information system (by Theo Lippeveld, Rainer Sauerborn, Claude Bodart) ISBN 92 4 1561998.
3. Module on Decentralization of Health Systems: Sharing Resources and Responsibilities Training , Thomas J. Bossert, Ph.D. International Health Systems Group,Harvard School of Public Health. Published in Medicine and development magazine.